Thursday, May 31, 2007

My Ten Years with Academics

This May, I completed 10 years in academics. Looking back, I find that the first five years were the most productive ones, when I knew each student by name, where I used to spend hours setting up question papers and then correcting them, where I used to do research and publishing, where I was learning something everyday.

Not that I did not learn anything in the last five years. But they were more on the executive education front, nothing great really! I must have taught thousands of students in the last five years, do not remember more than 20 names, not a single paper (great paper that is!) to my credit. Do not know if I am really adding any value now.

Hopefully the next five years will be more productive, from an academic point of view.

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dera sir,
you may not remember the names . it is understood and obvious as you have interacted with so may students.
we very well remember you and use what you have taught .
thanks once again for being such a good finance teacher .
wishing you many more good years in academics.
rahul banerjee tapmi 1999-2001

11:57 PM  
Blogger P V Menon said...

Congratulations on completing your first decade in the academia. I am one of your students in the current batch of PGCLSCM students. Though I have only had two sessions with you, I am impressed by your depth of knowledge and I like the way you use simple analogies to explain the financial concepts and formulas.

Best regards,
Prashanth Vijayan

7:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Sir,
Congratulations Sir!!I am one of your students in PGCBM-11 batch.
I am an engineering graduate with
no finance background. But your course on CF has made Fianace so interesting,easy to understand and impement the concepts of risks-returns,stock evaluation in real life scenarios.
Sir if your classes have made a person from science background appreciate finance then its a big acheivement in itself. And I am sure you have touched the minds and hearts of thousands such executives.
Thanks Sir for teaching us so wonderfully.

With Best Regards,
Somdyuti Paul

2:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Sir,

Though you might not remember our name, I am pretty sure that any student who has attended your course will ever forget you.

You are a great teacher and equity analysis and excel modeling would not have been half as much fun if it was not for the great classes at XL.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web pitabasm.blogspot.com