Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Back to School

The assignments for a Fulbright Scholar are not exactly defined. You can do whatever you want. Do research. Study books. Update yourself. Attend classes. Explore United States.

I am doing little bit of every thing. And today I attended the first class here at Stern. I last attended a class in 1994 at IIM Bangalore. Now I am back to school after almost 15 years.
I attended the Valuation class of Prof. Damodaran. He is simply great. A very simple person (I think all great teachers are simple :)), has a great sense of humor, loves the subject, is an expert in valuation. There are some 200-odd students who are attending his class.
It is sometimes good to view class room teaching from a student's perspective.

Nobody taught me valuation at IIMB. In fact, IIMB introduced Valuation as a course in 1995. I learnt it by studying different books. I wish I studied the subject here at Stern.


4 Comments:

Blogger Maverick's Musings said...

I completely agree with you Sir. I attended a few sessions of some people in Cambridge and share the same exp as yours !!
BTW are you a fulbright scholar at Stern ?

3:39 PM  
Blogger Raghav said...

Looking forward to more of your experiences at NYU Stern

8:01 PM  
Blogger Aravindan said...

Thanks for posting your experience sir.
There is a rich source of info about valuation in his homepage of Prof. Damodaran - http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~adamodar/
I am sure it would be very beneficial for students/ in India if you could have a page similar to that someday..!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Clara Mellor said...

Equity benchmarks extended gains on Tuesday as the Sensex opened higher by more than 150 points and the Nifty reclaimed its 9250 level, backed by Reliance Industries. Positive Asian cues also aided the rally.capitalstars

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web pitabasm.blogspot.com