Saturday, November 28, 2009

Learning and Unlearning

There is no age of learning. You can learn at any age provided you are willing to unlearn and learn again. I am doing that now and the experience so far has been pretty rewarding.

I am attending classes on Equity Valuation (Prof. Damodaran), Financial Modeling (Prof. Dan Gode) and M&A (Prof. Amihud). In the Spring, I am planning to attend a PhD level course by Prof. Ohlson on Equity Valuation. I never studied valuation in a class room setting and it is really good to go through both an MBA and a PhD level course on Equity Valuation.

All the faculties are simply great and sometimes, I just do not realize that the class time is over.

I always thought of offering a 3-credit course on Valuation (without including Mergers and Acquisitions in that) and now I feel confident in doing that.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pramod Kamath said...

Sir, no doubt you enjoyed these classes, but there should never be any doubt about what you can teach. You can teach as well as any other teacher in this world, though i think you are one of the best.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

Agree with Pramod. I throughly enjoyed your classes and learnt a lot. Infact about a three credit course I agree with you. I still remember a lot about valuation from M&A course that you taught us. Infact we even used to discuss that there is so much in valuation that it should be made a separate course and M&A shoujd be taught separately.

Sonia
BM 05

7:38 AM  
Blogger Sandeep said...

Dear Sir, I am new to the world of Valuation. During the course Cost Accountancy nothing good else than Valuation Paper happened with me. I am in desperate need of a Guide and i found no one better than you with whom i can discuss the matters on Valuation. I hope u will accept me as your disciple.....
Sandeep Ranjan

1:50 AM  
Blogger Madhavi said...

Sir, always a pleasure to read your blog.especially when it comes with a reaffirmation...you can learn whatever you want to learn as long as you have the willingness to do so..

6:14 PM  
Blogger Clara Mellor said...

L&T Construction wins order worth Rs 5,250 in Qatar from KHARAHMAA .capitalstars

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web pitabasm.blogspot.com